GMAT Sentence Correction Prep Course
Sentence Correction is one of the three main question categories tested on the GMAT verbal section. While it is the most involved in terms of what you need to learn, it is also the question type where students are generally able to make the biggest -- and fastest -- gains in terms of boosting their overall GMAT verbal score.
GMAT sentence correction questions test your ability to identify correct and effective English expression. In Part 1 of this comprehensive GMAT Sentence Correction course we focus on the "effectiveness" part of that rubric while teaching you the step-by-step methodology for tackling sentence correction questions, how to avoid common pitfalls, key “Effectiveness Rules” for eliminating wrong answers, and the most important strategy for filtering the "noise" in complex sentences.
In Part 2, we build on the foundation laid in Part 1 and focus on the most commonly-tested points of English grammar to ensure that you are able to identify errors and choose the most correct answer choice from among the modified sentences. But don’t worry — this isn’t a boring series of grammar lectures that will give you flashbacks to high school English class. Rather, we focus on teaching you only the most necessary sentence constructions with specific application for how the key grammar rules are tested on real GMAT sentence correction questions.
"I scored 730 yesterday! Thank you so much for your help and patience. I think that your Sentence Correction videos in particular were instrumental in clarifying a lot of things for me. I really liked how you explained the basic concepts first with very simple examples. I'll forever be grateful to you." -- Kshitiz Rakesh, USA
Specifically, this GMAT Sentence Correction Course covers:
- In-depth look at the “anatomy” of sentence correction questions, with examples;
- Step-by-step methodology for analyzing the sentences, pre-thinking possible revisions, and reviewing the answer choices;
- Several key “Effectiveness Rules" that will help you choose between two or more "good" answer choices, with examples;
- Common wrong answer traps to be on the lookout for;
- The all-important Bracketing Technique for quickly and accurately identifying the points of English grammar being tested on a particular question;
- Subject-verb agreement;
- Parallel construction;
- Idioms (including a list of the most commonly-tested idioms on the GMAT);
- Verb tenses;
- Numerous application examples to fully illustrate the different grammar rules and sentence constructions;
- And more!
Additional features of the course include:
- Practice worksheet targeting each of the major grammar categories (available as online quizzes or downloadable PDFs) enabling you to immediately apply what you're learning in the video lessons;
- Detailed video answer explanations for every question in each assessment;
- Get your questions personally answered by one of our GMAT experts via the Comments/Questions area in your member area;
- 6-month course access -- plenty of time to master GMAT sentence correction and get the GMAT score you're shooting for!
Whether you're a non-native English speaker or it's simply been a while since you studied things like the past-perfect tense or dangling modifiers, this course will get you up to speed and provide you with everything you need to turn Sentence Corrections into one of your biggest strengths on test day.
So what are you waiting for? Take your GMAT preparation to the next level. Click HERE to add this course to your library now and prepare to dominate the GMAT!