"I've Been Waitlisted! Now What?" [Ep. 18]Mar 11, 2020
Being put on the waitlist at your dream school isn't ideal.
You were hoping to be accepted outright, after all.
But it's not a death knell, either.
Plenty of people are accepted off the waitlist each year, and there's no reason you can't be one of them. In fact, there are a lot of practical, actionable things you can do to increase your chances of getting off the waitlist in a favorable way -- and Hillary Schubach of Shine MBA Admissions Consulting is here to break them down for you.
Listen to our conversation on The Dominate Test Prep Podcast:
In this episode we discuss:
- How to think about the waitlist, and what it means from the admissions committee's perspective
- Whether you're more/less likely to be waitlisted if you apply Round 1 vs. later rounds
- What to do in the week immediately after finding out that you've been waitlisted
- The #1 thing you should emphasize in your first correspondence with the school(s)
- When and how often to communicate with the admissions committee during the waitlist period
- Strategies for improving your profile so that schools want to select you off the waitlist
- What to do if you find out you've been accepted off the waitlist
- What to do if you find out you haven't been accepted off the waitlist
- Tips for avoiding being put on the waitlist in the first place
- And more!
By the end of this week's show you'll have a more optimistic view of the waitlist and know exactly how to proceed should you find yourself on it.
Let's get you accepted!
LINKS AND CONTACT INFO
- Summary tips for Getting Off the MBA Waitlist from the Shine Blog
- Connect with Hillary: http://shineadmissions.com/contact/
- Connect with Dominate Test Prep: https://www.dominatetestprep.com/pages/contact-us
A DOSE OF MOTIVATION
"If you fell down yesterday, stand up today." -- H.G. Wells
As always, be sure to subscribe to the podcast so that you're alerted when new episodes drop each week. If you like what you hear, please write a favorable review. And if there's a topic you want us to cover in an upcoming episode, let us know. We'll do our best to work it in. Thanks for listening!