GMAT Problem Solving Strategies - Complete Video Course
One of the biggest mistakes GMAT test-takers make is that they try to solve GMAT math problems the way their 7th grade algebra teacher would have taught them to. Do you remember your junior high school math teachers? So do we… and it sort of makes us shudder!
The good news is that there is a better way on the GMAT. The traditional way of approaching many GMAT problem solving questions is often the least effective and least efficient way to get a right answer, which of course is your ultimate goal. Why set up an algebraic equation and solve for “x” when you can use the answer choices to your advantage, for example? Your goal should be to get easy and difficult GMAT math questions correct with as little effort in as little time as possible — and this course will help you to do just that.
"I was always a “by-the-book” type of student, and I actually did start my GMAT test prep with books. However, watching Brett’s content and completing the practice quizzes was instrumental in my success and made test prep less daunting. My first attempt at the GMAT was a huge success, and I would not have been able to pull it off on my own. Thanks, Brett!" -- Skye Blevins, USA
Specifically, this GMAT Problem Solving Course covers:
- Detailed introduction to GMAT problem solving;
- Discussion of the ideal mental approach for attacking GMAT problem solving questions;
- How to make questions involving variables more concrete and easier to solve;
- The importance of developing what we call a “Pavlovian Response” so that you immediately know how to proceed when certain GMAT problem solving questions pop up on your computer screen;
- How to use they answer choices to your advantage to save time and ultimately get more right answers;
- The “WIBNI” master GMAT math move;
- How to approximate right answers when you feel stuck or don’t know how to solve a question exactly;
- Strategic guessing and elimination strategies;
- How figures work on GMAT problem solving questions, and how to use those figures to your advantage to get right answers even when you’re unsure of the traditional geometric approach;
- And more!
The course also includes a 20-question practice assessment -- available as an online quiz or downloadable PDF worksheet -- so that you can immediately practice what you're learning in the video lessons. There is a detailed video answer explanation for each of the questions so that you can ensure you're applying the strategies correctly and get clarification on any questions you're unsure of.
So what are you waiting for? Take your GMAT preparation to the next level. Add this course to your library now and prepare to dominate the GMAT!